Canon EOS Rebel XS 35mm Film Camera & Battery Pack.
Canon EOS Rebel XS 35mm Film Camera & Battery Pack with Owner's Manual.
The Canon Rebel XS is a good quality digital SLR camera, well-suited to the consumer shooter looking for a little more from a digital camera. Canon sought to compete with Nikon and Pentax at the extremely low price level, and they had to cut a few corners. The body isn't quite as nice as the Canon Rebel XSI, and the image quality suffers from a few more hitches, but you'll only notice if you zoom to 100 per-cent on screen and search around as we do. The Canon Rebel XS's image-stabilized lens and impressive high ISO performance should mitigate most of the other problems, and the Rebel XS's fast autofocus should make this year's holiday pictures better than ever.
Canon Rebel XS Basic Features
- 10.1-megapixel RGB CMOS sensor delivering 3,888x2,592-pixel images.
- A single-lens reflex digital camera with interchangeable lenses (supports all Canon EOS series lenses). Focal length multiplier of 1.6x as compared to a 35mm camera.
- Variable ISO (100, 200, 400, 800, and 1,600 settings)
- TTL optical viewfinder with detailed information display, diopter adjustment, and depth-of-field preview.
- 2.5-inch, low-temperature TFT LCD with 230,000 pixels and Live View display mode.
- Automatic, Program AE (shiftable), Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority, Depth-of-Field AE, and Manual exposure modes, plus Portrait, Landscape, Close-up, Sports, Night Portrait, and Flash Off programmed modes.
- Variable white balance with Auto, six manual presets, and a Custom setting (reads from a neutral grey or white card), as well as a colour correction tool and bracketing function.
- External hot shoe supports E-TTL II metering, FEL, and FP (high-speed sync) flash with Canon EX Series Speedlight.
- Flash exposure lock function (FEL)
- 35-zone Evaluative metering linked to all focusing points, Center-weighted average metering, or Partial (10%) central-area metering; a metering range of EV 1 to 20 (at normal temperatures, EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, ISO 100)
- Adjustable exposure compensation from -2 to +2 EV in 1/3 or 1/2 EV increments in all exposure modes.
- Auto exposure bracketing (AEB) from -2 to +2 EV in 1/3 or 1/2 EV increments in all autoexposure modes.
- Shutter speeds from 1/4,000 to 30 seconds, and a Bulb setting for longer exposures.
- Electronic self-timer with a fixed duration of 10 or two seconds
- Image storage on SD or SDHC memory cards.
Canon Rebel XS Special Features
- Live View mode includes two focusing modes: Quick, phase-detect mode, and Live, contrast-detect mode.
- Dust reduction and automatic sensor cleaning.
- Picture Style menu offers six presets plus three user-defined settings for contrast, saturation, sharpness, and tone.
- Continuous Shooting mode capturing as many as 54 images as fast as 3 frames per second (with shutter speeds of 1/250 second or faster), according to Canon.
- TTL autofocus with seven focusing points, manually or automatically selectable; One-shot AF, Predictive AI Servo AF, AI Focus AF, and manual focus with AF assist beam, depending on exposure mode selected; a working range of EV 0.5 to 18 at ISO 100.
- Built-in E-TTL II retractable-type flash with red-eye reduction; guide number is 13/43 at ISO 100, m/ft, flash angle said to cover the field of a 17mm lens (27mm in 135 formats); a topside hot shoe for external flash connection of EX Speedlite flashes.
- E3 remote control socket; no infrared remote control (something the XSi has)
- Available resolution settings are: 3,888 x 2,592; 2,816 x 1,880; and 1,936 x 1,288.
- Red-eye Reduction via pulse flash.
- Optional external hand grip/battery pack adds secondary shutter release and control wheel, as well as AE lock and focus point buttons for vertical-format shooting.
- NTSC/PAL selectable video out connectivity.
- DPOF (Digital Print Order Format) and DCF (Design Rule for Camera File System) compliant.
- PictBridge; Direct Print capability to selected Canon photo printers
- USB 2.0 connectivity with TWAIN driver for PC and Adobe Photoshop plugin for Macintosh.
Item Code - ELE8E502PVC
Width: 5 3/4" Height: 4" Depth: 6" Weight: 700 g [With Battery Pack]
We Also Recommend
Bell & Howell Automatic Cine Camera Filmo Model 75, Made In The 1920s.
Regular price $949.99 CAD $949.99 CAD