Titanium, Iron, Manganese, and Other Minerals, Create This Rose Quartz
Pink Quartz Is Called Rose Quartz, Various Impurities Like Titanium, Iron, Manganese and Other Minerals Create This Beautiful Colour.
Special Quartz Varieties
The pretty crystals and vivid colours you'll see in jewellery and in rock shops are scarce. Here are some of those precious varieties:
- Clear, colourless quartz is called rock crystal.
- Translucent white quartz is called milky quartz.
- Milky pink quartz is called rose quartz. Its colour is thought to be due to various impurities (titanium, iron, manganese) or microscopic inclusions of other minerals.
- Purple quartz is called amethyst Its colour is due to "holes" of missing electrons in the crystal in combination with iron impurities.
- Yellow quartz is called citrine. Its colour is due to iron impurities.
- Green quartz is called praseolite. Iron impurities account for its colour, too.
- Grey quartz is called smokey quartz. Its colour is due to "holes" of missing electrons in combination with aluminium impurities.
- Brown smoky quartz is called cairngorm and black smoky quartz is called morion.
- The Herkimer diamond is a form of natural quartz crystal with two pointed ends.
Quartz also occurs in a microcrystalline form called chalcedony. Together, both minerals are also referred to as silica.
Item Code - GEM11D335PA
Width: 5 1/4" Height: 10 3/4" Depth: 5" Weight: 2.407 kg