Buttons/Pins/Badges

Benjamin S. Whitehead was the man who gave us the button badge. In 1893, he patented the insertion of a sheet of a celluloid transparent film over a photograph mounted on a badge to protect the image from scratches and abrasion. Another patent was issued to his New Jersey company, Whitehead & Hoag, in 1896 for a "Badge Pin or Button" which used a metal pin anchored to the back of the button to fasten the badge.

Thanks to Benjamin Whitehead, the button badge was born. 


Sale

Unavailable

Sold Out